Friday, June 8, 2012

First Ocean View


My first time on the beach was in Australia, and that I thought was pretty cool. It took me getting out of the country before I finally saw the ocean. I guess that just makes me a sheltered kid. We took a boat out to Green Island to start the day, and last night’s seafood did not sit too well with people on the boat. We did make it to Green Island, where Grant and I decided we would try to the scuba-doo instead of diving since we couldn’t swim. It is basically an underwater scooter. Ill put a picture of it up. We finally made it out to the Great Barrier Reef, and even though the sun wasn’t shining talk about beautiful. It is one of those things you can’t believe you are actually getting to see. The colors underwater were amazing. Being out on the water all day long made me realized how much I like land. I did try the snorkeling more or less to say I snorkeled on the Reef, not many people say they have done that in their life. If there is one thing I have realized about this trip it is there are a lot of people out there who did not or won’t get the opportunity I got.
Scuba-dooing

No comments:

Post a Comment